Today I found myself, well not me, my blog, nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. How fun! The nomination comes from fellow writer and soon-to-rock-the-publishing-world-any-day-now, soon-to-be author Vicki Thompson who’s meeting with agents as I’m typing. Thank you so much Vicki. Break a leg ! Here’s Vicki’s inspiring website. I found her site during the A to Z Challenge and it’s now one of my haunts. http://the-view-outside.com
So as I’m pressed for time today, I’ll put my handful of nominations on tomorrow. Until then, here are 7 things about me that I’m suppose to divulge to go along with the award.
- I enjoy the thrill of canoeing through white water rapids. These are what I consider to be reasonable rapids, not the kind where you ride the inflatable raft, hang on for dear life and wear a helmet so you don’t die. Though I’d like to try that sometime.
- I’ve walked on fire three times. I’ll bet you’re thinking once would be enough! It was transcendent. There’s something about stepping beyond instinctual fear. No, I didn’t get burned and yes, I could have cooked a steak on the coals.
- I’m Master Level Reiki trained.
- To combat a crushing shyness, I took a DJ job in college. I enjoy all sorts of music but music of the British Isles and Appalachia are my particular favorites. I really don’t care for rap, winey country, and improv jazz but will give everything a fair hearing. My itunes now has 8683 songs loaded on it. Unfortunately they won’t all fit on the ipod
- I’m a dead-eye shot with a rifle and used to take part in black powder shoots.
- I’m a World drummer and regularly teach how-to drum classes. My collection of drums from all over the world takes up a lot of space. Many of my friends are fellow drummers and we gather to make music. We’ve considered making professional music CD’s but haven’t done this yet. The recordings we have made are really very good, if I do say so myself. It’s curious, but we’re so in sync when we play, we often stop at the same time without being prompted. It’s the sort of thing that makes you go wow.
- I once had a pet rooster who weighed 48 lbs. No kidding. His name was Brutus.
A little weird you say? LOL Yep. That’s me.
Tomorrow, my nominations. 😀
for author Marianne Stephens blog day. She’s talking about the 1st person perspective in writing. http://romancebooks4us.blogspot.com
And over on the RB4U website http://romancebooks4us.com we’re having a June Contest. I’ve taken the info off the site: JUNE WEDDINGS CONTEST! Contest runs 2 June – midnight ET 26 June.
To enter: Find the 20 pages that have a bride and groom couple. Make a list of the names of those pages (ex: Marianne Stephens, Liz Crowe, etc.) and send your list to: firstname.lastname@example.org NOTE: Snail mail prizes only shipped to US or Canadian addresses.
1. Grand Prize: Bag of Books from RT2013 AND $50.00 gift card for Amazon/Barnes & Noble. 2. E-book copy of winner’s choice from romance author, JC Szot. 3. Two ebook copies of Profile of Evil (two winners) from romance author, Alexa Grace. 4. E-book copy of Tail Of The Dragon from romance author, Sultry Summers. 5. E-book set – Victorian mystery/erotic romance – Out of Hell and An Unspoken Betrayal from romance author, Denyse Bridger. 6. E-book ARC of July release Gambling On A Heart from romance author, Sara Ellwood. 7. E-book copy of Serephin, which kicked off Demon Chronicles series from romance author, Lacey Thorn. 8. E-book copy of The Catalyst from romance author, Sandra K. Marshall. 9. E-book copy of “Evernight Vol2” from romance author, Johanna Rae. 10. E-book copy of The Sin Factor from romance author, Sandy Loyd. 11. E-book copy of the Enigma I & II special edition from romance author, Nephylim. 12. $10.00 gift card for Secret Cravings/Sweet Cravings books from Secret Cravings Publishing.
Today over on my Ancillary Muse blog, I’m taking part in the Colors of the Rainbow Blog Hop.
Tomorrow is My Sexy Saturday on
I’ll post either 7 paragraphs, 7 sentences, or 7 words.
Remember, The Romance Reviews’ Sizzling Summer Reads is a month-long event.
My part is over, but there are still prizes to be had. Click on this banner.
And…I’m trying something new Follow my blog with Bloglovin